Friday, March 02, 2007

CNY 2007: KUALA LUMPUR 20-25th FEBRUARY

It took us 8++ hours instead of the normal 4 hours to reach Kuala Lumpur from Penang. Bumper to bumper traffic jam most of the way with rain here and there. It was no fun surely but at least we boarded the bus equipped with personal movies and music selections to enjoy. I watched around 3 movies, so bored even to watch a Doraemon cartoon movie version and listened to a few songs before we reached Kuala Lumpur. We were so exhausted and some more I had my sorethroat with me. From 3pm, we reached KL almost midnight. Incredible!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Chinese new year was rather quiet in KL. When we arrived on the 20th, you could hardly see any vehicles on the road. There were hardly any fireworks or firecrackers exploding around. We visited the Curve and Ikano earliest for some shopping. I like the good maintenance of the Curve as everything is very clean. IKEA at Ikano is filled with people as always. We went there purposely to try the hotdog since the Singapore one does not give any onions. Later, we went to 1Utama to shop since it is so near to uncle's house. Even if you walk there, it will take you just 5-10 minutes maximum. I posed with wife with this ugly Johor Bahru haircut. I was out of ideas how to comb my hair.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

1Utama is still one of my favourite shopping centers in Selangor. It is just so spacious and friendly. It is 1KM long and around 4-5 storeys high so multiply that by 1KM you have 4-5KM to cover. It will take you at least 1 day to really looking through the whole place.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I had my haircut in Kuala Lumpur. I was very satisfied with the haircut at a hair saloon in Low Yatt so I decided to visit the place again after 1 and a half years ago. Eventhough my hair was cut by a different person, I am still very satisfied with the cutting. It is much better than a few I tried in Miri, Sarawak and Johor Bahru, Johor. There are some really bad hair stylists out there who can't even balance out the hair they cut. Seriously I end up having more hair on my right than my left side of the head to some extents that I even give up on combing my hair as you are out of ideas of how to present it! Sometimes I just use the gel to lump them up like a bush!

I was amazed by the cheap pricing of computer parts in Low Yatt. I got my Apacer 4GB thumbdrive for only RM120 but I saw some selling below RM110! Kingston 4GB thumbdrive selling at RM110 and some others selling just slightly over RM100. Man, this place has better bargains than anywhere in Singapore! I was helping uncle to get a laptop hard disk to be an external hard disk and the Hitachi 120GB 5400RPM none SATA hard disk is only RM300! Dammit I paid much more for all these when in Singapore! Therefore I went for a shopping spree buying some computer parts. Things like the Mitshubishi DYN-AZO 50 discs of DVD+R 1-16X media costed me only RM68. Some people joked that the pricing is so good because the supply was from the giant robbery in Penang a few months back and some of them ended up here. Haha!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Uncle brought us to eat steamboat one of the nights when we were there. We came here before last time. They gave you a choice of original soup and tom yam soup. As my sorethroat was not getting any better, I had to resist eating anything from the tom yam soup.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I had a great time in Kuala Lumpur. I spent most of my time updating some new softwares and resources with uncle and just went for 4 shopping centers - The Curve, Ikano, Low Yatt and 1Utama, which were my intentions of going there in the first place. We had enough rest and it was just the sorethroat that spoilt a perfect holiday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home