Tuesday, September 15, 2009

UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE 2009/2010 STARTS!

Internazionale VS. Barcelona
19:45 UK Giuseppe Meazza

Well, this is the clash worth waking up for! I will try my best, eventhough I'm loaded with work! Enjoy football guys!

It will be Eto'o VS. Ibrahimomic! Who will have the last laugh?

Inter’s Samuel Eto’o Keen To Prove A Point To Barcelona Coach Pep Guardiola
The Nerazzurri hitman still doesn’t understand why his former coach had a problem with him.
Sep 14, 2009 11:12:12 PM

Inter and Barcelona will meet this week, to kick start their respective campaigns for the 2009/10 UEFA Champions League.

It promises to be an enthralling battle between two of Europe’s heavyweight clubs and the stakes have been raised even higher with the recent comments made by Zlatan Ibrahimovic, who left the Italian club in the summer to join the Spanish outfit, and now Samuel Eto’o who went the other way.

The Cameroonian international is determined to do some damage this week, mainly to get back at former coach Pep Guardiola.

“Since the moment I joined Barcelona and since my very first game for them, I did all I could to do the job asked of me,” Eto’o explained to Catalunya Radio.

“I never refused to do anything, unlike some of the other players at Barca who said no, and refused to play there.

“I have always helped everyone, and for me last season was a good year, as we all worked together for the good of Barcelona.

“I didn’t have any problems, but okay, if Guardiola said that I had no feeling for the club, that’s his opinion. I always committed myself, and I will show him that this week.

“My only problem now is that I still have no idea what he means by this 'feeling.'”

The Nerazzurri and Blaugrana kick-off on Wednesday at 20:45 CET at the San Siro. Eto'o notched 34 goals in all competitions last season, including one in the 2-0 victory over Manchester United in the Champions League final.

Adrian Del Monte, Goal.com

Zlatan Ibrahimovic Desperate To Score For Barcelona Against Inter
'Ibra' will put aside any emotions over his return to the San Siro...
Sep 14, 2009 6:41:41 PM

When Inter host Barcelona in the Champions League on Wednesday night, Zlatan Ibrahimovic has admitted he will be fully focused on the task at hand and is desperate to get on the scoresheet.

"I will do everything to score against Inter, because now I play for Barcelona," Ibrahimovic told Il Corriere dello Sport.

"I will go to San Siro to do my best, and I hope we win. People know my qualities and for me it is an obligation to win every game.

"It's normal to have to adapt [to a new club] and it's something that will come with time. For me, it's important to play and rediscover my rhythm. When I play more games, then you will see the real Zlatan."

Despite his desire to find the back of the net, the Swede conceded that Inter were one of the strongest teams in the tournament and it will not be easy to do so.

"I believe Inter are among the favourites to win the Champions League. I'm sure that they will win it one day," he stated.

Anthony Wright, Goal.com

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home