Monday, February 28, 2011

BIRMINGHAM SHOCKED ARSENAL

Well, this is my first blog post of 2011. Have been extremely slacking with updates. I had to post this up because it is too much a shocker that I didn't believe the news when I first heard it. I mean a League Cup win against Arsenal by Birmingham is probably one of the major upset in football cup final history, no matter how the goals were scored. It was even more sweeter since it was Martins who scored the winner. The ex-Inter and Newcastle striker is not winning enough medals with his scoring records and I feel that he deserves something for all the things he had done.

It is a reminder that miracles still can happen in a realistic and pragmatic money dominated world today where big teams are guaranteed success over small teams, especially in big occasions. This upset will be a major drawback to Arsenal as they face Barcelona for the next match in Nou Camp. Although I do hope Arsenal will give Barcelona a run of their money with also a shocker.

As I am writing this, The Fighter is performing well at the Oscars 2011 by snapping up the best supporting actor and actress awards - looking good!

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 8:08 AM, Anonymous Donny Ginola said...

Good to see that you back blogging again!

Sad to see that Arsenal out of CL. Barcelona put in a really impressive performance. Arsenal barely create a chance and their passing was awful. Barcelona are deserved winner and I wish them to go to the end and lift the cup. Finger crossed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home