Monday, July 17, 2006

PUMA LENA & ASICS KAYANO XII

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

My bro is going home next week and so as always, there will be some shopping done for the folks back home. This time my task is to buy a pair of walking shoes for my sis and my grandma. Grandma is in her 70s and don't have a decent pair of shoes for her jogging. I decided to go for a good pair of shoes to protect her legs especially her age and what is better than the best athletic and healthiest shoes maker on this planet?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I got my sis a pair of Puma Lena Super Pink-Dark Purple. Puma has been one of the famous shoes among the European students in Singapore nowadays and i seriously think they have improved through these years to create some really good looking stuff! They even have a range of sport fashion labels under the belt so this really proves that they are serious about design. Here are some of them:

Alexander McQueen
96 Hours
Nuala
Mihara
Starck

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I chose this pair of purple-pink shoes not because of the combo but as well as the thread detailing on it which I like. An alternating of purple and white threads as well as the nice logo of the Puma at the sides. It feels like a pair of soccer or rugby boots because of its slimness especially at the bottom. The only Puma shoes I ever worn in my life thus far was my rugby boots in my secondary school days during those competition days.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


With Italy just winning the World Cup, Puma has really been given alot of publicity of late. Do you know that you can only get a size S for the Italian national jersey now in both Malaysia and Singapore? The jersey costs S$90 here in Singapore without any names at the back. I have to rely my friend who is going Italy next month to get me Cannavaro's. When I touch the fabric, it feels like thin layer of raincoat!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

By the way, apart from Puma, there are some decent looking designs out there by Vans, Lacoste, Diesel, Le Coq Sportif and Kappa which is worth your time exploring. They are brands that the Europeans wear alot at least here in Singapore.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

As for my grandma, I broke my bank to buy the latest version of Asics Kayano XII. Mine was XI. I know experienced marathon running friends told me only two brands matter to them, Asics and Saucony. Mr. Toshikazu Kayano and his design team brought together this Kayano series and we already seen the birth of the 12th version. The difference with version 11th? Well, the focus is all on the midsole. Why is the midsole so important? Marathon runners told me it is the location most proned to get injury if you run long distances.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

They created a new material called Solyte which is lighter, more durable and provide better cushioning. It is an advanced copolymer with unique weight saving properties due to its low density. It is 30% lighter than the lightest Asics EVA and 50% lighter than standard density EVA. It also exceeds the most stringtent industry standards for tensile strength, tear strength, compression set, energy return and shock attenuation. Well, as a result, this version is much lighter than mine.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Since it is just released and reached Singapore just a few days only, we only have this red colour as the only choice. I heard we need to wait at least a month before the next colour comes. The good thing about Asics is its dedicated research into shoes even to gender level and hence, their shoes for both genders are specially designed differently. Yes, even the same model have different designs for male and female because we have different body structures and running postures.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Well, all the technologies may sound so incredible to be true but it is until you wear it and enjoy the comfort, you will be satisfied. The Gel technology will be able to mold itself according to your feet's impact and shape as time goes by to fully fit it well. I hardly heard of people complaining after wearing Asics. It is incredibly light too!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

For its recognition to be recommended by the Sports Medicine of Australia and International Federation of Sports Medicine, this pair of shoes is definitely extremely healthy for your legs. Just imagine the impact your legs go through as you run. Every single impact to the floor will be absorbed by the gel so it will not be too harsh to your whole leg structure. The shoes are also categorized according to your feet arches from the highest to the flattest.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Well, I tried the Asics athletics spike shoes during my track and field running days and nothing comes better than running in those shoes. They make you feel like a speed demon!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I hope this pair of shoes will maintain my grandma's legs' strength as long as possible!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home