Friday, September 15, 2006

WHAT THE F*#K AM I BUSY WITH LATELY?

Been doing modelling (on software - not sexy enough to be a model myself), rendering and animating for days now! A lot of work! I am helping out in the proposal of the reconstruction of a British fort in Singapore from the 1890s and finally used in the 1940s up to the World War II where it is less effective when battles from the sky starts to be used! In this scene, you will see 5 kamikaze Japanese planes approaching the fort. If you look closely, you will see two 9.2 inch guns at the fort which can fire 20km radius. Well, this is a real reconstruction of the site but I decided to give it a battlefield scene rendering as well. I also am interested to play with the lens flare, the sea, the sky and nature modelling.

I am arranging 5 planes in the V formation for the battle. The plane model? Well, I think Captain Edwin should know morelah. I remember some models used by the Japanese includes 52c Zeros, Nakajima Ki-115 Tsurugi and Ki-116 (of course there are more other models I think). The planes come in from the sunset direction, thus making them harder to detect for attack. Well, I don't know much of war strategies but I think so. Hahaha! Just trying to have fun from all these work! I was even thinking of putting a gigantic Yamato warship at a distance but I guess I shouldn't take this too far. Haha!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

P.S: For those who don't know wtf 'kamikaze' is, it is usually translated as "divine wind" (kami is the word for "god", "spirit", or "divinity"; and kaze for "wind"), came into being as the name of a legendary typhoon said to have saved Japan from a Mongol invasion fleet in 1281. In Japanese, the exact term used for units carrying out these suicide attacks during World War II is tokubetsu kōgeki tai, which literally means "special attack unit." This is usually abbreviated to tokkōtai.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home