Saturday, March 17, 2007

HOW TO GROW COCONUT TREE INDOOR IN A POT?

Have you ever thought of growing coconut trees indoor? Well, my PRC friend who never really seen how a coconut grows into a tree was so curious that he took a coconut home from the roadside and decided to plant it in a pot inside our research office!!!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Since he loves to grow small plants, I gave him a wild idea of growing his plants on top of the coconut by cutting a hole and inserting earth. He did just that and to my surprise, both of them survived and keep on growing.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The coconut tree is now extremely tall so he has to bring it outside the research office. Since we are at the second storey, he decided to place the pot at the corridor just in front of the rows of windows in my office. I can see the tree everytime I look through the windows.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Imagine what will happen in the future when the roots outgrow the space the pot is having as well as the limited soil it contains.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home