Monday, March 24, 2008

DAD'S 51ST BIRTHDAY

One additional reason why I went home apart from the election is to attend dad's birthday. I decided to book a table for 5 in Tanahmas Hotel, Sibu, Sarawak, Malaysia. I think there are only two places which is worth eating in Sibu. They are Tanahmas Hotel and Sheraton Restaurant from the whole list available. Golden Happiness Restaurant and Blue Splendour Restaurant are almost close too. The rest are really no better than home cook food, especially from Premier Hotel. Garden Hotel surprisingly have some good lunch set meals but I never tried the rest. I also never try the food in Orchid Hotel so this comment is excluding it.

I booked the whole Golden Palace Restaurant literally since nobody was booking the place until after we were almost done with our dinner. Well, I ordered 5 dishes with Chocolate Truffles cake from downstairs. Tanahmas Hotel has some really great cakes so there is no hesitation to also order from them.

Photobucket

The group photo of the 5 of us having dinner.

Photobucket

Dad.

Photobucket

Mom.

Photobucket

Lee Ling.

Photobucket

The candles to mark the birthday.

Photobucket

Dad cutting his cake.

Photobucket

The chocolate truffles cake. I thought of ordering this instead of any cheesecake as it will make us really full before we consume any of the dishes. The cake is really not bad. I had one of the best chocolate truffles cake in Singapore from one of the famous chefs here so I always have high expectations for the quality of the chocolate truffles cake.

Photobucket

Sis doing the cake distribution.

Photobucket

Opening dish of a mix of vege and seafood.

Photobucket

Cod fish.

Photobucket

Roasted duck.

Photobucket

Balck pepper beef.

There is also a bowl of soup for each of us.

Overall, we were very satisfied with the food quality. The only negative point is being a hotel in Malaysia, they have to serve Halal food so we can't have pork. Still, I am happy to be able to celebrate dad's birthday with nice food and good cake.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home