Tuesday, July 08, 2008

SARAWAK TO BUILD RAILWAY NETWORK

Can you believe it when you read the news? It took us zillion of years to even build a simple bridge to link Sibu over the river and finally it has a toll gate too. Now, they want to build a railway system involving a span of 320km stretching between Similajau in Bintulu Division and Tanjung Manis in Mukah division. It comprises 57% of Sarawak (I think they are talking about the horizontal length of the state).

I am sure if they get serious, it will be realized by the time of my great,great,great,great,great grandson is around (that's 7 generations after my son and grandson). By then, everyone is flying around with flying machines and the cost of the project would escalate 7 times the original cost. As a realist, I think the project may never materialize or totally abandoned when they reach the 100th km span. Prove me wrong for once will you?

The Star

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home