Friday, October 31, 2008

ICHIBAN RAMEN

I am a big fan of Japanese ramen. I will never get bored with ramen from Ajisen Ramen. However, there is none in Johor Bahru. I tried many ramen stores and they all suck. The worst are those with char siew meat as hard as solid metal and soggy ramen. This one is still acceptable to me.

Photobucket

They basically designed the interior with lotsa timber. I don't really fancy timber interiors, especially when it is overdone. It feels like a wooden house on stilts or something.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The blinds though is good for privacy as well as helping to diffuse the lights.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I ordered the green tea.

Photobucket

Lee Ling as always a diehard unagi fan must order something with unagi.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Some deep friend squid. It is well done and I do love it.

Photobucket

Photobucket

The ramen I ordered was with chicken. Upon reaching the seats, I noticed Ichiban Ramen is a Halal store. That means there is no pork. How can you have ramen without char siew and soup cooked hours with pig's big bones? Arggh!!! I know from Japanese drama that some of the best ramen cooks in Japan cook their soup with pig's bones 24 hours non-stop with fire. Too late for me to leave, but well, still my priority is to taste the noodles. I keep convincing myself that it is fine. Let me try ramen with no pork.

Photobucket

Me, feeling satisfied with Halal ramen. Although not the best ramen I ever tasted, it is better than nothing. The noodles are nice and the soup is ok.

1 Comments:

At 12:14 AM, Blogger presa1200 said...

Ichiban ramen offers an alternative choice for muslim to try japanese ramen. Of course you can not compare with the traditional ramen made from pork.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home