Friday, May 21, 2010

TURN BACK TIME!

"If only I could turn back time
If only I had said what I still hide
If only I could turn back time
I would stay for the night. For the night..."



That was the Aqua song back in the 90s during the Barbie Girl craze. The new Prince of Persia movie brings back memories of the past for me too. The name itself literally turns back my own time! I remember when I first played it on the PC back in the early 1990s. It is one of my earliest games ever played on the PC. Gosh, I think the computers then do not come with CD-ROMs by default.

For me, if I can go back time, I must contribute something which can help erase some of the bitter histories of mankind. It will make my journey back in time worth more than what money can buy. Remember Back to the Future franchise movies which reminded us that by changing a part of history may create another devastating part as a result of our intervention. Well, I can't think of something far more destructive than what I intend to intervene in the slice of human history.

If you have a dagger that turns back time, what event/danger would you change?

This is a very interesting question. I can think of many things like stopping the atomic bombs from being made to stopping dictators or other massive disasters from happening. It would be good to give an early warning regarding the tsunami or the earthquakes. Therefore, I believe if I am given one golden chance, that interception will have to be so massive that it impacts the most of humanity.

If I have a dagger that turns back time, I would make sure Adolf Hitler turns out to be an artist or architect! In doing so, I can avoid World War II (at least in Europe), the Holocaust and the popularity of Nazism. I could also indirectly minimize the problems we have now in the Middle East (Israeli-Palestinian conflict). I believe this in turn will achieve a major impact in human history. However, the theories of time travel are also very fascinating. What if one of the person whom Hitler killed was supposed to become a more destructive dictator? What if his rise and his actions helped to stop an event or events more terrible from happening? We really don't know but it is interesting to think in that kind of dimension. One thing is for sure, we will not get the Inglourious Basterds and Downfall movies. The famous Hitler parodies from a scene of the film may not turn out hot on YouTube which caused the massive removal on April 21st, 2010.

Photobucket

My Austrian friend used to tell me that if Hitler could have been an artist or architect, World War II may not even happen. If I can go back time, I will go to Vienna and find him, encouraging him to push for the Academy of Fine Arts Vienna entrance as well as preparing him for the success of gaining into it. I will make sure he is well driven to obtain a high school degree to qualify himself to become an architecture student too. He failed twice for the Academy of Fine Arts Vienna entrance exam with his painting skills. He was recommended by the school to pursue architecture instead but he lacked the qualifications.

If he had gone to study painting or architecture, he will then not waste his time reading anti-Semitic tabloids and pamphlets which very much shaped his thinking. Apparently, he grew up with minimum love and was poor with much loneliness. All these contributed and shaped his character to become the dictator he was. He ran out of money and lived in a shelter for the homeless. That's how much he had suffered. Therefore, by intervening into this extremely important slice of human history, I am sure that I can stop such a disaster from happening.

Again, like I said, intervening into a part of history may not always create a better outcome. It could be even worse. Only time will tell. However, I believe the chances of a much worse outcome by turning Hitler into a painter or an architect instead of a dictator should be much smaller. I would have returned to my time now and found out that he was a legendary artist or architect who left behind magnificent paintings or buildings to the world. You never know but it is interesting to be able to do it and see the consequences of the action. He may end up more famous than Mozart in the right way.

Anyway, for the Prince of Persia movie, I hope it will be a blast!


“Catch Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Movie starting from 27th May 2010 and join the official Facebook and Twitter page!”

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home