Thursday, April 29, 2010

THE 15 MINUTES OF MADNESS

It was already the 80th minute when woke up to watch the match at the coffeeshop at the ground of my apartment. I overslept because I was rushing work the previous night. The score was 0-0. OK, I thought I did not miss anything. I saw Barcelona pushing Inter Milan real hard. Well, logical since it was their own den and they were trailing. They needed 2 goals to go through to the final. I finally did a quick count since Inter Milan were too deep in defence. Ah, a man down.....no wonder (Motta).

Within 4 minutes, Xavi was again the mastermind who sent in a good assist for Pique to score. The boss of the coffeeshop who was also watching the match told me that I just brought a goal into the match with my presence. I just smiled back because I was half conscious, waking up early for the match. Barcelona were celebrating as they just needed 1 more goal to get through. I watched the replay and it did seem like an offside goal. Well, there was only one angle of the video replay so I should not finalize my view. Perhaps another angle of video replay may help clarify it.

Then another goal was scored by Bojan deep into the injury time but it was ruled out because it hit one of their players. Messi was dangerous as ever with Xavi masterminding strategies to score the goal they needed. Inter Milan's defence finally made it for them to hold on to their lead to win the match. Mourinho was seen running to the pitch and punching his hand up in jubilation. I guess he must be happy to be able to slay the giant in their own turf.

It will be weird seeing Samuel, Cambiasso, Sneijder and Eto'o at the Santiago Bernabeu for the final. They were all ex-Madrid players. It is nice to see Bayern Munich back strong in Europe. Unfortunately, Ribery will most likely not play in the final!

Can we blame mother nature for Barcelona's exit? The first leg was played with them taking land transport all the way to Milan because of the volcanic ash incident.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home