Monday, February 14, 2005

CHINESE NEW YEAR 2005 MOVIES

I went for 3 movies during the Chinese New Year celebration with my girlfriend.

On the afternoon of 2nd day, I went to watch Seoul Raiders.

Around midnight of 3rd day, I went to watch Constantine along with Alvin Toh, Adrian Wong and his girlfriend, Hie Ing.

Around midnight of 4th day, I went to watch Himalaya Singh with the family of my gf.

Now, my opinion on all 3 movies?

1. Seoul Raiders

Believe me, I sleep on this movie and so did my girlfriend. This is the second movie I slept after Ocean Twelve. The plot to me was done half heartedly in the rush for release for Chinese New Year. Lousy pathetic dialogues especially done by Shu Qi, I wonder I will ever want to watch another movie by her. You can detect that this movie is done to penetrate into the South Korean market with all the Korean translations with addition of Korean actresses in the movie.

Probably a show like this will appeal the Korean market. Tony Leung is the only one left in the sequal with Ekin Cheng and Kelly Chen leaving the whole production. The fights are not appealing to me, very childish and not impressive. The sequences are not exciting and really just weak. I also have no idea of the reason to have Shu Qi in the movie, there is no difference to me not having her there eventhough she is somewhat involved in the love triangle sub-plot that does not materialised or not emphasized. Richie Jen? Nothing impressive from him as well.

I slept at the final part of the show. The ending also is not impressive. I thought the whole show is terrible. A friend of mine thought otherwise. So I guess this is purely my opinion. I think Tokyo Raiders is a much better show than this.

2. Constantine

Actually, I don't have the urge to watch this movie because it is Chinese New Year and I don't want to watch a serious Western movie. The mood is just not there. However, because of the disappointment I had with Seoul Raiders, I thought this movie will lift up the terrible experience I had with Seoul Raiders. Probably I had told myself I have had enough of the Matrix craze and I doubt I will want to watch Keanu Reeves in another Matrix style movie.

I guess the disappointment with Seoul Raiders make this movie nicer. I think the effects are nicely done and the suddden shocks along the show did make me sit still to watch very carefully. I think probably being different and unique that makes this show stands up. I definitely wish they will have a longer storyline and not emphasize too long on every particular scene. The movie was a long one, at least 2 hours and I wish the story had gone much further than that. It is a violent movie but I can assure you guys it is nothing near the blood glorifying scenes like The Punisher had. This film contains graphic violence with attendant gore, some rough and crude language, and some sacrilegious imagery which I am not sure how much they actually censored in the cinema because it was not done noticeably at least to me.

3. Himalaya Singh

I will expect a stupid pathetic movie that will whittle your IQ down so low you will need time to bring it back. I found myself not laughing enough for the whole show compared to the rest of the audience in the cinema. Either I don't get the jokes or probably my sense of humour is getting less nowadays. I don't expect a good movie because Cecelia Cheung in my humble opinion sucks in acting from the previous few films. After watching it, I guess it goes beyond my low expectations.

This movie is pure of crap but the craps are not well done compared to KungFu Hustle. Having Lau Ching Wan impersonating Mr.Bean is not something funny for me. I mean we all watched Mr.Bean series and to have a repeat is not something that will make you laugh again. The chemistry is just not right. I guess it is one of the worst films I had ever watched. I don't know about you guys. I don't find it very funny because the stupid jokes and effects are just too lame.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home