Sunday, March 27, 2005

HAPPY EASTER SUNDAY!

I went with my bro & a friend to an Easter Sunday service by Adam Road Presbyterian Centre when the speaker, Reverend Michael E. Raiter, the Director of Missions, Moore Theological College told a joke.

Three men are sitting next to the coffin of their best friend when one of them asked a question.

"What do you want people to say about you after you died and have people like us sitting beside your coffin now?"

The first friend answered, "I want people to say that I was a successful doctor and gave alot to charity."

The second friend replied, "I want people to say what a great teacher I was and a good family man who raised my family well."

The last friend said, "Look, he is moving!"

On a more serious matter, I realized nowadays that every event that you are inviting people to go especially the church's events seemed to have something to lure you to go. That is free meal. This is very bad! It seems that the FREE word is used as a bait for people to attend events. The free lunch or free dinner is indicated in bold, capital letters or even bigger fonts in the announcements just to tell you that it is far more important than the event itself. It seems to suggest that people will only come to the event if there is free meal. The events include the enrolment service of the Boys' Brigade and even the ordination of a pastor. It is very sad and just seemed not right to me. A very bad publicity to the church members and go-ers. Oh well, just my opinion.

The sermon talked about the last chapter of Mark on Jesus' resurrection. The speaker shared about the popular Dan Brown's Da Vinci Code which excited me. However, just by going into the accounts and not proving the book wrong made me quite disappointed. I was expecting something more. It is just like how the Roman Catholic announced that they wanted to prove the book wrong by proving alot on Leonardo da Vinci's facts. This also disappointed me because I am not interested to know how true Leonardo's life was being known to us.

What I want them to prove is the facts against the truth of the Bible. The genuineness of the truth. The writers of the Bible, the Priory of Sion and of course the other scrolls like the Death Sea Scrolls. I want them to prove what Robert Langdon (a professor of Religious Symbology at Harvard University in Cambridge, Massachusetts) said was a big fat lie. Anway, a movie on this book will be made and we have Tom Hanks starring in it. Hope it will be just as good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home