Tuesday, October 18, 2005

FOOTBALL: ROBINHO'S NO.10 JERSEY & DAVID BECKHAM

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Should I get it this season? Or should I wait for the number 10th to come? There is always a dilemma regarding buying the Champions League edition! I definitely want to get a Robinho jersey but I am hoping for the historic 10 to go with it. Imagine the 10th Champions League trophy badge on the no.10 jersey which used to be owned by Figo - I LIKE!

Headache! They have stock now and I don't want to get it if they are gonna get number 10th soon! Hehe! A fan is always greedy for more!

Product: Real Madrid away s-s name+nos 05-06
Price: SGD 125.00 (USD 71.18)

Of course the price listed online is more higher, can get a better discount if buy direct from the shop itself. Normally, an empty jersey will cost more if add name, number and badges.

Add Name: SGD 2.00 / character
Add Number: SGD10.00 / digit
Add Badge: SGD15.00

By the way, I found a funny quote by Roberto Carlos.

Roberto Carlos: I Wish Beckham Was Brazilian.

"I think David Beckham is still one of the best players in the world. He’s the best passer in the world and also one of the greatest players in his position on the pitch," said Carlos.

"I would love him to be Brazilian so he could play for Brazil!"

I honestly am not a fan of David Beckham and still prefer Ronaldinho than him when they were the choices last time during transfer. However, his performance for Real Madrid of late has been really impressive so probably that's why Roberto Carlos said so. If he can keep up his performance for the entire season till the World Cup 2006 in Germany, then I could begin to change my perception of him. Right now, at this moment, David Beckham is on top of his game with his accurate crosses and passes.

Still, the quality of Beckham that I truly like as a player is his ability to press forward and apply pressure on opposition teams, his work rate as well as his razor sharp passes and crosses. He is a lousy dribbler though and cannot contain the ball for very long by himself. I still believe Ronaldinho is a better player than him overall. Though perhaps the departure of Figo and the arrival of Pablo Garcia have given him more chances to shine. His burden to defend and being forced to play in the middle is no longer there. He has been given back his original right side of midfield back.

As Phil Ball puts it in his article titled 'Osasuna's loss is Madrid's gain' dated 17 October, 2005 for Soccernet.com:

'The master-stroke in summer was the purchase of Osasuna's Uruguayan hard-man, Pablo Garcia, an unsmiling 'asesino' from an early Scorsese flick - a psycho body-guard from the school of Tarantino. After a few games in which he seemed not to have settled, he has suddenly taken over the centre of the pitch and allowed the centre-backs to breathe again. Nothing gets past him, not even the pigeons. Not only that, but he uses the ball simply and purposefully, feeding the right people at exactly the right time. Not only that, but he makes it look easy, which it is patently not.

Meanwhile, Beckham, freed from these more onerous defensive duties, is once again blossoming and looking a fresh young chap again. Perhaps the next tattoo should read 'I love Pablo', as long as Posh approves, of course.'

Have Madrid finally find the successor of Fernando Hierro (who is much faster) in Pablo Garcia? I hope Woodgate will stay but don't let Ivan Helguera go! I like that fellow! The more options we have in defence, the better, although Helguera is not a natural central defender in the first place. As a fan, naturally I will wish that the whole squad will keep on improving from here.

If David Beckham is a Brazilian, what will his name be? I remember when I first saw Kaka, I thought he was Italian!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home