Wednesday, January 25, 2006

FLOATING TO UNDERWATER

Architecture is my field of study but I hardly cover anything architectural in my site. Let's go to Dubai, UAE, famed for building incredible expensive man-made structures. We all that we heard about this super expensive hotel in Dubai called Burj Al Arab.

It is floating beside a seaside connecting through a bridge as my friends who visited it had told me. Now, comes the Hydropolis, reminding you of some Greek legendary cities? This will be a hotel built underwater. Remind you of Atlantis with the underwater entrance?

You can check out some 3D renderings there to see how cool this structure is going to be. Who knows how much the room rates will be but I'm sure it will be ultra expensive. Still, it feels like some fantasy of men to always build these kind of impressive structures. They always do it in the movies- underwater cities or sky cities.

There is another link at Impact Lab.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home