Thursday, May 18, 2006

FOOTBALL: BARCELONA 2-1 ARSENAL

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Congratulations Barcelona for winning the Champions League trophy and for being unbeaten for the whole campaign through! They deserve it! That is a great record!

First of all, the dive gave away the first goal for Arsenal which Campbell scored. He should have his self-esteem and confidence back and England will be rejoicing. Secondly, I am surprised why Cole is around and he looked to be the loophole in the defence. I am surprised why Fabregas is being substituted. I cannot find any reasons for that. I don't know what was on Wenger's mind. After that, Barcelona's goals came! The heavy rain came with it too, how ironic! Alanis Morissette anybody?

I think Arsenal played extremely well and I should say Ljungberg and Henry to be the most hardworking and dangerous players in the offensive play. When it was 11 against 11, Paris seemed to be the home for Arsenal as they attacked and attacked more with some nice chances. There were a few good chances in the first half which Henry should have scored when he was wide open with just the goalie to beat. Lehmann's red card was unquestionable but I would love just a yellow card and the goal awarded to Barcelona. He was a very strict referee alright, giving away so many cards through the night. We also saw many difficult decisions when players touched the ball first before tackling people down. I guess we saw a few going both sides so that was fair. Dives were missed too like the one Cole did.

I see Puyol as the loophole in Barcelona's defence. He was basically struggling with Henry's pace and should be carded many times. Oleguer too so I was relieved when Belletti was in to replace him. Belletti had always been the starting 11 choice in the past, I wonder why he was a sub. Marquez too should be carded for some late challenges. They played with three defenders and it was surely very dangerous and risky to do it with such an offensive side. Messi's absence was a miss but Iniesta's inclusion in the second half was a spot on by me! Mares must be regretting not buying the bets! Haha! I know he is the best choice for balance at that time, attack, passing and defence.

The magician was not performing up to his best but he did entertain us with some good moves. He had a really bad night from the freekicks, none of the few he got even looked at all dangerous. There were occassions where he didn't even believe how the ball went so wrong from his boots, Hehe! Eto'o got the man of the match. It is ok to me since he did make some very dangerous runs into the box and shot some good chances. He was on the scoresheet for the first goal while Belletti got the second. If I am not mistaken, both are Larsson's assists. Many claimed that the first goal was an offside, I did not see it so I have no comments.

I was on MSN Messenger with my friend Mares all the way from the starting whistle. He asked me to predict the score and I said 2-1. Haha! I wished I had bought the score! Dammit!

summer's calling says:
yr prediction?
DieHardX says:
well, last champs final reminds us dat something shit can happen
DieHardX says:
if shit dun happen, barca 2-1 arsenal
DieHardX says:
i am abit worried about lehmann, he is in such top form, he seems impossible 2 beat
summer's calling says:
with eto and dinho.... heh.. it'll crumble
DieHardX says:
yeah, u think messi will go down?
summer's calling says:
hopefully... i'll like to see him play
DieHardX says:
hope they really hit it rite, e semis showed how barca dominated n hardly get their chances rite
DieHardX says:
eventhough they went in e box so many times, still can't get thru e goalie
summer's calling says:
but hopefully we don't get a crap display by both teams
DieHardX says:
yeah, expecially extra careful defending, dat will make us die in boredom

Now, can Henry make up his decision already? I honestly think his remarks were abit far off. The referee being Barcelona's fan? Come on, the calls are not that unfair, if not, 60-40 to Barcelona. I don't think he purposely only gave fouls to Barcelona players. It is just that they were given more. Many decisions given to Arsenal were also 50-50.

Who is the biggest winner? Nike! Now I have to plan how to eat my grass and which jersey to invest in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home