Sunday, September 17, 2006

AUTODESK M3 LAUNCH & THE CAFE' CARTEL

This post is long overdued! I went with Roni to the launching of the 3 holy trinity of Media & Entertainment category of Autodesk for a curious look of what new stuffs they have to offer. Pretty much loaded with more animation features though. Still, all those games made with Max and Maya just give me alot of encouragement. They do spend some time to sell their Combustion too. Although the focus is still very much the integration of Max, Maya and Motionbuilder, with the focus on this universal file format, .fbx. Of course, drop by the AREA for some great stuffs. My friends had told me much earlier about this site but I have yet to explore through thoroughly.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I was pretty impressed with Onimusha 3. They show us how it was done for the game. Though I played Onimusha 1 & 2, I totally missed the 3 because I got sick of the technique eventhough they introduce new friends. Takeshi Kaneshiro is back for the 3rd. Well, Max and Maya have both jumped into the 64-bit bandwagon but the Windows Vista OS is not fully ready. Of course you have to understand that the next generation games on XBox360, Nintendo Wii and Playstation3 have all moved to the 64-bit arena. This will make the creation of games so much more easier to match these platforms.

Eventhough the Windows running machines are prepared with all the hardwares and now that Apple has walked to the DARK side by using Intel chips, running Windows on Apple is very highly possible. I am still chicken though waiting for my friend Wykeith to test drive it himself. Yeah, it is a heavy investment just to test drive so why not let my friend who loves Apple so much to try it? Haha! I am still not so convinced yet. Vista could take another year after Beta to really fix all the bugs.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

After the event, got really hungry and headed down for The Cafe' Cartel at the ground floor of Raffles City. I was surprised it is no longer maintaining the self service system anymore. In the past, you go order, you go serve yourself and you go cut free bread yourself. Yes, this is probably the only place which gives you free flow bread. Carl's Junior gives you free flow drinks though and sauces.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

They have people cutting bread for you in small slices now. Hehe! Probably there are many people wasting bread in the past.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I ordered the Haiwaiian Porkchop. Why must anything Hawaiian has pineapples on them? Well, is Haiwaii super populated with pineapple plantations?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Soup of the day...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Finally, my set arrived...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I love it. Why? Simple fact that most people overcook the porkchop, making it impossible to bite or tear off the meat with your teeth, like 'rubber' overcooked beef. This one is just done right in between. Therefore, it is really well timed. The Cafe Cartel special sauce and the baby carrots just give the dish alot more push for that peak of good taste.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The pineapple looks so from the tin cans! They also mashed some up and serve them by the side. It is not too bad. I am ultra sensitive to pineapple, as in it cuts through my tongue. Even if you make fresh juice out of them, the juice cuts through me. However, these don't. Pretty obvious why.

Pineapple should be and probably the most sharpest fruit in this planet. I remember I use to take care of my uncle's goldsmith in the past and there was this old man who always walk around shops after shops to sell his pineapples. They are of good quality and sweet indeed. The knife used to cut pineapple all these years as claimed by my uncle is getting shinier and shinier for more and more pineapple that had been cut. The pineapples basically help polish the knife to be more shiny and sharper! Now, that pretty much tell you the state your stomach is in after all these years of excessive pineapple intake!!!

Finally, DoA (Dead or Alive) the movie is here! Thanks Teg for the info. Holly Valence will be starring, drool......nosebleed all the way! Must watch! So many hot chicks! Teg, give full reviews after you watch it today or I'll bite you!

Watch the trailer my friends and I guarantee you will nosebleed all the way! The way the chick wears her bra with men surrounding her in a fight when she only has her towel on is so damn cool! Yummy!
Trailers

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home