Thursday, June 28, 2007

TRANSFORMERS

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Opening today in Singapore! Remember the good old days when you must not miss a single episode shown on tv? I even have a few of those robots in my collection! Ah, brings back good memories of boyhood, haha!

I read about the Transformers articles in the newspaper yesterday! I saw the full body design of all the robots to be shown in the movie. I tell you they look more like Gundam to me than Transformers. This is again the same argument I had about James Bond when Daniel Craig is chosen to be James Bond.

If you are going to make a movie about Transformers, make them look like one! No, they totally look alien to me. Megatron is even worse, if they don't write his name there, I don't even recognize him! Optimus Prime still can lah but totally unlike the cartoon version. BumbleBee as well looks like a super cool sports car transformed robot. They look so Gundam I just cannot accept their physical designs!

Michael Bay is the director so you know you will be expecting a lot of LOUD EXPLOSIONS in the movie. Pearl Harbor, Armageddon, The Rock, Bad Boys I and II to name a few movies directed under him and he is even going to finish off Prince of Persia: Sands of Time movie soon! Prince of Persia, that ancient computer game! I always play in Shevchenko's house in the goold old days! Critics complain that they spend so much time in the special effects that the storyline suffers a lot!

Well, we just have to go and watch it ourselves! I hope I can enjoy it and not be let down by it!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Transformers

Some other possible cartoons to make the big screen are Thundercats in 2010, Voltron to be released next year, G.I. Joe: Real American Hero in 2010, Smurfs to be released next year and He-Man and the Masters of the Universe in 2009. Many nostalgic cartoons to be revived in the big screen. I just hope they will hold true to their original designs! My wish? I am always a big fan of Saber Rider and the Star Sheriffs and so I want it to go into the cinema! You know, all these cartoon themes, including Transformers, I can still remember how to sing to them even until today! Haha! The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie was re-released not long ago. Has anyone watch it yet? Is it good? At least they go back to cartoon animated design so they are closer to the cartoon designs. I don't mind it as long as it is good.

By the way, Jackie Chan is acting in the first ever movie together with Jet Li in The Forbidden Kingdom, Jet Li, Andy Lau and Takeshi Kaneshiro are acting in a movie together called Warlords and they are creating the romance of the three kingdoms during the Han Dynasty movie called Three Kingdoms: Resurrection of the Dragon which stars Maggie Q as Cao Ying, Andy Lau as Zhao Yun, Sammo Hung as Zhang Fei, Leon Lai as Zhou Yu as well as Vanness Wu and Charlie Yeung. We are going to have some interesting Chinese movies coming our way soon! Hope all of them will not disappoint!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home