Tuesday, July 24, 2007

FOOTBALL: LJUNGBERG TO WEST HAM

After Vieira, it was Henry and now Ljungberg. His reason? Well.....let's see what he said.

'Two years ago when I signed my last contract we talked a lot about the future and about bringing great players to the club. Despite building the new stadium we wanted to stay top in England and do well in Europe.'

'For me that didn't really happen.'

Ljungberg is one of the footballers I like in Arsenal apart from Bergkamp. Both play interesting football, do great things with the football in their control and have unique identities. Now, what will happen to Arsenal this coming season? The whole old spine is completely gone.

'I felt like all the unbeaten players (from Arsenal's `invincibles' of 2003/04) had left. I wanted to be loyal but I felt like it was the right time.'

The question I always want to ask is how long Arsenal need to wait before a new generation of Vieira, Henry,Ljungberg, Bergkamp and Pires be grown mature enough to win the league? 3 years? 5 years?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home