Saturday, January 17, 2009

FOOTBALL: CALDERON & KAKA

Yes, I have remained too silent on these two hot issues heating up the football world for the past one week. I just wish to wait until at least there is official news out before giving my comments. The Kaka to whatever club rumour has been around for some time, perhaps even longer than the C.Ronaldo to whatever club rumour so perhaps I have grown not to believe too much into the reports.

Now that Calderon officially steps down as Real Madrid's president, I hope there will be less politics dominating them in the future. The real reason Real Madrid have been suffering since Perez took over is the politics which really killed the whole club. I hope the curse ends soon. If not for Capello and his superiority to demand whatever players he wants and not to listen to the higher authorities, Real Madrid may still be winning nothing till today since the Perez era. Mijatovic should also be the next person to leave because I see nothing wise or valuable from his input that will enhance the club's strength and performance on the field. I just hope the next president or elected president will stay away from the sporting matters of the club. Let the manager do his job with full power just like the invincible Wenger and Fergie in Arsenal and Manchester United. Of course, I still believe in a bit of control so arrogance will not dominate the manager in power. What they always say, absolute power corrupts.

"Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men."
John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton, first Baron Acton (1834–1902).

As for Kaka, well, he is a great player by all means. If you are to ask me to rate the best players of this generation now, I would rate him side by side with Messi at the very top. He probably has the edge now since he is more experienced. There is no guarantee Messi will become an even more complete player when he reaches Kaka's age. Whether or not he will go to Manchester City and with that huge mega deal that will break Zidane's record, I don't really mind. I don't mind him or Messi breaking that record than diver and cry baby Cristiano Ronaldo. Whether Kaka stays in Milan or goes to Manchester City, I believe there is not much difference.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home