Wednesday, January 14, 2009

NAZAR BONCUGU

The Blue Evil Eye Bead

My German friend who works in Turkey had given me this eye amulet. He told me this thing is everywhere in Turkey and heavily used to protect the people from bad luck and evil spirits. You can hang it on your door, car, computer, key chain and body as jewellery.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

He told me it is so common there that almost anyone has one. Reminds me of the Chinese (I think mostly Buddhist) and Japanese who always have amulets to protect them from bad luck and evil spirits too. I guess people are still very much believing in them even in this era. Therefore, where should I tie this thing? To my brother?

Photobucket

This thing look so familiar. Yeah, it looks like the ESET Smart Security logo I have on my computer. The blue eye icon lookalike from the Slovakian company.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home