Friday, January 23, 2009

FOOTBALL: MALAYSIA BOLEH!

Some local football news to enjoy! I never know we are called The Tigers. Is it because the jersey colour is yellow? Well, it looks like Toothless Tigers to me. Man, all this while I thought we have the most greatest quality league in this planet. How wrong and disillusioned I have been!

Malaysian Coach Blames League For National Failures

After another disaster on the pitch, Malaysian coach B Sathianathan has named the poor standard of the domestic league as the reason for national team failures.

The Tigers crashed to a 5-0 home defeat against UAE in a qualifier for the 2011 Asian Cup on Wednesday.

Malaysia also failed dismally in December's ASEAN championships.

"I have to be honest about it but the M-League is not football and if I have to go because of it (being honest), then I have to go," Sathianathan told local media.

"It is obvious that five or six days preparation is not enough when you can see that the players were not fully fit and they struggled in the second half.

"I have no problem with the players' commitment but fitness is an issue.

"When only three players passed the fitness test we conducted before the match against the UAE, what does it say about the standard of the M-League?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home