Friday, February 18, 2005

NARUTO LICENSED?



Damn It! After following it for over 3 years, now Naruto is going to be licensed.



Since year 1 in uni, when my friend Mametek came and decided to watch it when I downloaded for the sake of getting some anime to watch, I started to follow the whole series.



It is the next longest ever running anime that I will think can go on for another 3 more years at least if the artist is dedicated to continue the whole storyline. I already have the fears that following a very long anime has this risk of being lincensed halfway.



The downside will be you are going to be very pissed off because you had been following the whole thing so faithfully. The same thing happened when I followed Hikaru No Go. I was so sad when it was licensed halfway but then again, there were some confusions and I heard only the manga was licensed. Now this? Anticipated. Expected.



Here are the details:

Cartoon Network today announced several major acquisitions for their venerable Toonami action-animation block. Fan-favorite "Naruto" will join the block in the third quarter of 2005, while "One Piece" will move to Toonami in May. Toonami original IGPX will expand into a full series from Production IG. "The Batman" will see a Toonami airing beginning April 2, ShoPro acquisition "Zatch Bell" will start in March, and nosehair-fighting anime "Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo" is coming in the fourth quarter. The show will be aimed at young viwers and their parents. Which most likely means we will be seeing the same highly criticized translations that appear in the USA manga, I guess it will be just like American One Piece!



I just hope we can still get the files for both anime and manga for as long as possible online for free.

LONG LIVE NARUTO!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home