Thursday, June 16, 2005

AJISEN RAMEN

It has been ages since I wanted to try Ajisen Ramen. Well, if you are a hardcore Japanese drama and anime fan, it will be weird not to try some authentic Japanese ramen. By the way, Ajisen Ramen just keeps on reminding me of Arjen Robben. I have no idea why! Haha!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I heard there are the veterans and have been around in the business since many generations ago. Thus, they should have the best ramen around that is close to the original.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
There is alot of timber in the Ajisen Ramen restaurant. I notice this for all of them that I saw around Singapore. In most animes and dramas, they always take ramen in those small road side or by the road stalls. Of course you can take them in modern restaurants too but still the feeling is that those old shops by the roadside looks more authentic and original.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Menu...menu...menu, what to eat? Hmmm..... decisions...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Fried crispy salmon. Tasted weird to me. I prefer half cooked or smoked or raw salmon than this. Not my favourite way of preparing it.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
A side dish of fried crab meat. It is soft shell crab, not bad at all. It brought out the taste of crab meat pretty well and not being overtaken by the fried flavour. If you get what I mean.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
This one tastes like one of those made in China pork that comes in the can. Nan-kotsu ramen! However, the amount of meat is 10 times more than mine. Probably because it comes in tins and they can afford large amount! Haha!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I ordered the one closest to what Naruto loves to eat. Haha! Miso cha-shu ramen! I want to try myself what is so damn nice about the one that he always eats. It is good, especially the soup that comes with it. The noodles are slightly tougher than your normal instant noodles. The BBQ pork is also nicely done but only a few super thin slices. Hai! If only I get double of this.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Of course we tried the ice-cream. The skin is so similar to the one which we have back home in Sarawak. However, we have white and red bean as the ingredients inside instead of selections of ice-cream.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I will definitely want to come again to try more ramen! It is good, this kicks Nooch's ass 100 times over!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home