Wednesday, January 25, 2006

MY FIRST EVER FULL MEAL COOKING

I was born into a family which has alot of cooks. My grandma and auntie will cook during big Chinese festivals. My mom and nanny will cook too during normal days. I always wanted to try cooking but never given a chance because of being at the lowest part of the cooking ability hierarchy. I ended up being the helper all the time. With my partner in her hostel or home when she cooks, I am just a helper only as well.

Now that my apartment is equipped with all the cooking facilities, I decided to try out for the very first time by myself.

Therefore, today I made history! Well, not that I have never cooked in my life. I can fry vegetables, fry eggs, cook instant noodle and other simple dishes. However, this is my first time preparing a meal other than breakfast or supper. Something that can be eaten for lunch or dinner in completeness.

I cooked rice by myself. Haha! My first time. The black spot is the juice of the carrot or broccoli. Hehe!

Image hosting by Photobucket

Then, I cooked a pot of mushroom ginger chicken soup. I steamed some carrot and broccoli on top of the rice.

Image hosting by Photobucket

I had eaten my cooking and I personally think it is not bad at all! At least it is edible. Haha! A good start!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home