Sunday, February 17, 2008

SOSAKU JAPANESE RESTAURANT

Since my disastrous Japanese meal during my last birthday, I tried over 3 other Japanese outlets. I told Lee Ling if the latest one (Sosaku) is gonna fail my expectations, I will give up eating Japanese food around Johor Bahru town and will try those in a few hotels around here that I heard of. Before coming here, I tried Sushi Don and Kinsahi, as well and both failed miserably for me to even want to return anymore. There are a few factors but ultimate reason is the lousy food. The diluted wasabi, tasteless miso soup, the ultra saltiness of some dishes and some of them turning out to be too soggy, the bad customer service, the extra charges, the expensive prices and the extreme waiting time.

Photobucket

RM35 for noon buffet, RM50 for night buffet.

Photobucket

The place was jam packed.

Photobucket

Sosaku only has the buffet style of dining. You pay RM49.91 inclusive of service charge and GST per person. There are no other choices. We were surprised when we were given the menu as there are no prices. When we enquired, they said you can order this and that, going on and on. I was getting confused until I asked whether the buffet is the only way to dine. Then, they told us they only serve in buffet style and we can order anything from the menu.

Photobucket

Photobucket

The place is quite tight with many groups of seats arrange in office cubicle style. There is probably at least one with tatami mat floor sitting style at the far corner end of the shop.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

-Every 100gm of wasted food will be charged at RM10.

Photobucket

Since its buffet style, a lot of items require self service. Miso soup is one of them and even so, it tasted excellent.

Photobucket

Saba sushi.

Photobucket

I ordered some sashimi. Maguro, sime saba and suzuki sashimi. They added the chuka idako on the same plate.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I ordered more sime saba sashimi as I just love the taste.

Photobucket

Sanma teriyaki or shioyaki depending on your preference was ordered 3 times by myself. I love it salty so I tasted the shioyaki version.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I love the bitter part, the dark black areas! Oh my!

Photobucket

Ham sushi.

Photobucket

Unagi sushi.

Photobucket

Photobucket

The salmon teriyaki.

Photobucket

Tobiko sushi.

Photobucket

Edi tempura, shishamo tempura and tempura escargot.

Photobucket

Kaki furai. Generally I don't like the tempura and furai versions as they are abit too salty for my liking. Kaki furai is still good though.

Photobucket

Edamame beans.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Kaki oyster shioyaki with saba shioyaki.

Photobucket

Photobucket

The shishamo was well done. No complaints.

Photobucket

The ice-cream was great too. Overall, a must try for Japanese food fans. I don't mind coming back again for another fish food marathon. The only complaint I have is the small dishes and the limited waitresses available which requires you to wait for a long time to get them. Many things like the wasabi, the soup and many items are not refilled fast or enough. You need to order many times until you are satisfied. The waiting is also quite long especially when the place is crowded so you must be prepared to waste at least 2-3 hours before you are satisfied of trying everything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home