Saturday, August 30, 2008

FOOTBALL: CHAMPIONS LEAGUE 2008/2009 DRAW

Yes, I know it has been out for some time but I was loaded with work for the past two days. Damn, do you guys see the group stages list? When I saw it, I had to blink my eyes a few times to clarify whether my eyesight is failing me. There are so many new unknown football clubs that I had never heard of. I thought I am watching a list of UEFA Cup competition clubs. I highlight below in bold clubs I have never seen before in my entire football supporting life thus far. Correct me please if I am still dreaming or seeing things from too much work. I'm not even sure if I spell them correctly. Some of them are almost impossible to pronounce!

Group A - Bordeaux, CFR Cluj-Napoca, Chelsea, Roma
Group B - Anorthosis Famagusta, Inter Milan, Panathinaikos, Werder Bremen
Group C - Barcelona, FC Basel, Shakhtar Donetsk, Sporting Lisbon
Group D - Atletico Madrid, Liverpool, Marseille, PSV Eindhoven
Group E - AaB, Celtic, Man Utd, Villarreal
Group F - Bayern Munich, Fiorentina, Lyon, Steaua Bucuresti
Group G - Arsenal, Dynamo Kiev, FC Porto, Fenerbahce
Group H - BATE Borisov, Juventus, Real Madrid, Zenit St Petersburg

Well, I guess it is probably good for the competition. This is to give more clubs from all European countries more chances to play in the big stage. Well, in paper, Barcelona and Arsenal should have the most easiest group stages ever. Group A and Group H are probably the most competitive groups on paper.

Anyway, Zenit St Petersburg is like the team on the rise lately. They just won the Uefa Super Cup against Manchester United with a 2-1 scoreline. One controversy in the match is the Paul Scholes' Hand of God goal attempt to equalize. Well, it is hard to repeat what Maradona did with more technogically advance cameras nowadays. His team mates came to congratulate him after scoring the Hand of God goal but the referee gave him a second yellow for cheating. Juventus and Real Madrid have to be careful.

Finally, can we get the Robinho transfer done and buried? I am sick and tired of the long process dragging the whole team down. I want it to be gotten over with ASAP! SELL HIM ALREADY!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home