Friday, June 12, 2009

CRISTIANO RONALDO TO REAL MADRID?

I can instantly hear backlash from all over the world if the transfer is materialized. Perez will be cursed in the football world for spoiling the football world transfer market. I am more worried of the large sum paid for transfers this season. Whether Real Madrid's finances will be in total chaos for his very ambitious negotiations. I hope Zinedine Zidane as an advisor will be given a stronger influence to make transfer decisions.

I for one am not a fan of Cristiano Ronaldo because I always feel that he is a diver. Well, you can call it fate but all the divers in the world seems to join Real Madrid one after another. Van Nistelrooy and Robben are two examples. Real Madrid should seriously just buy players at positions where it is needed most, especially in defence. I don't mind Franck Ribery, David Silva or/and David Villa but please not Fake Ronaldo!

When David Beckham first came to Real Madrid, I was also against the move. He is to me just a Pretty Boy eventhough at that time I do acknowledge his deadly crosses and free kicks. He still had all those qualities till the last season in Real Madrid but I admit he won me over by his incredible work rate. The way how Capello benched him but was forced to bring him into the first team for his never give up attitude won over not just Capello, but me too. Since then, I have a much better impression of him.

As for crybaby diver Ronaldo as I always call him, I acknowledge that he does have the qualities of a great footballer but I still think he is over-rated and in my football dictionary, he is still not as good as Lionel Messi or Kaka. Therefore, his possible world record transfer fee does not make me very happy. Manchester United fans seem to be happy that he is moving on. They are probably sick of his transfer news every season. Manchester United will be able to try their luck on getting Franck Ribery, Karim Benzema and David Villa.

As for me, as long as C.Ronaldo performs, do not dive, cheat and cry, I am happy! His move to the La Liga will make the league even more exciting as a whole so it is definitely good for Spain.

Finally, fuck you Tommy Docherty!

"Man United are the biggest club in the world. Real Madrid and Barcelona? No, when you leave Man United you go downhill."
Tommy Docherty, ex-United boss (1972-75) on Ronaldo

Some local Man Utd fans' comments:

"His heart and head have turned to Real, so it's better that he leaves. With the transfer fee, we can buy two world-class players and still have some change."

"Whether it was Cantona retiring, or Beckham leaving, United have always move on. The team are always bigger than one man."

"I'm tired of the rumours. At times, he acts like he's bigger than the club."

"The only painful thing is that he may come back to haunt United in the Champions League."

An Arsenal fan said:
"As much as it pains me to say it, United will survive without Ronaldo. What won't be missed is the diving part of his game."

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home