Friday, June 12, 2009

DURIAN BARGAIN NOW!

It has been 3 days in a row when I drive home from work and I see a truckload of durians on sale at the road side with a huge crowd all the time. RM1 per KG, very tempting indeed! Yes folks, the durians are cheapest now this time of the year! It is the best time to consume durians with the economic recession probably forcing the price to go so low! Since the incredible 50cents per durian in Sibu a few years back, I have never seen such cheap durians. Mine you they are cheap and good quality durians, not those lousy Thailand breed with no smell and tasted consistent no matter how many of them you eat.

The cheap ones are said to be from Tangkak, a border town to Malacca. The quality should be good since most of the best durians in Johor are from the area of Segamat, Muar, Tangkak and Labis, all closeby towns. I think I must go for some purchase today. I don't care about the freaking heat! It is too tempting, I can feel my hands itch everytime I drive past the durian truck!!! You know, I enjoy opening durians, it is something I love to do. I mean eating durians is great but opening them is a very nice experience too. It is like a treasure hunt, you never know what you will get so the thrill to open them and see what you will get is an exciting feeling!

I will buy them later, go home for a swim in the swimming pool under my residence to cool myself down before I go up for a durian dinner! Ah, nice life! You durian lovers better enjoy the durians now as at most the season will end in a month!

RM1/KG DURIANS, HERE I COME!

Tangkak

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home