Tuesday, August 16, 2005

FOOTBALL: LONG TRANSFER SAGAS

I honestly have to admit that I have less Internet access nowadays so that will mean bad updating. I guess that will give me more time to prepare for better posts I hope! I am now living in Holland Village and there is a direct bus that takes me to campus. The ride is around 20 mins if there is no jams (& butter).

I also upgraded my handphoone after 5 years. Finally! All the wishes to have it spoilt or lost were never realized. Haha! The phone is just damn tough and sticks on me so much. Nokia 3310 to Sony Ericsson K700i. Yeah, i wanted the K750i or K600i but they are way far beyond my budget. I am somebody who don't fancy handphones much or you could say I don't change much! Boring guy! Now, my Nokia 3310 becomes my back-up and shall function as my alarm clock to wake me up daily if I need to early.

Many Nokia users who switches to Sony Ericsson gave me bad comments. They are complaining of the softness of the SMS tones as well as you need more steps to go about some functions comparing to Nokia. For me, I am quite sick with Nokia's designs and I just feel they are trying way too hard and it just get too KUAZAN! I guess I just change to Sony for a change. I got it for free anyway with my 2 year subscription plan so it is worth it. Plus you get 150 minutes free to call Malaysia and 9 other countries every month and for any reasons you cannot finish it, it will be carried over to the next month! How cool is that? Yes, my handphone cost me $0/RM0! That's so cheap for a K700i but I know it is quite old now. For someone who only answer phone calls, SMS and put in some notes/information on the phone, it is more than enough for me. The camera is just crap to me. The phone is fine, getting used to it as time goes by.

I also bought myself a new laptop/notebook from Dell - Inspiron 9300. It is HUGE! I will call it a mobile desktop. Heavy! Will take a shot of it next time. It has a Inspiron(TM) 9300 Intel(R) Pentium(R) M Processor at 750, which translates into 1.86GHz, 2MB Cache, 533MHz FSB (Centrino). The display is 17" UltraSharp(TM) Wide Screen XGA+ TFT Display resolution: 1440x900 with 2048MB (2 X 1024MB) 533MHz DDR2 SDRAM and of course 256MB NVIDIA(R) GeForce(TM) Go 6800 graphic card. It should be good enough for my intense graphic usage although I am still very sad that it is hard to get a new Pentium 4 HT laptop/notebook nowadays. They are more suitable for me than those power saving Centrinos. My hard disk space is very low at 60GB only but because I wanted the 7,200RPM instead of the 5,400RPM so I have no choice but to settle for this since this is the only capacity they have running at 7,200RPM. Well, there is always the 8X DVD+/-RW for me to burn out stuffs if I have insufficient space. I also get myself a webcam so I can Skype and MSN Messenger with people with live video now.

Anyway, it seems that the Essien saga has ended. He is finally Chelsea's property. Again any of you ever seen him perform? Is he really good? This transfer saga is as long as the Robinho one. Both seems to take forever but I do hope the clubs you supported don't have to go through the agony of such lengthy sagas. It does make you wonder the worth of these footballers. For instance, I have not seen a single match that Robinho played in, not to mention Essien. I do know Robinho get alot of praises from his countrymen from Ronaldo to Ronaldinho to Roberto Carlos. That is an assurance that he is that damn good to get compliments and praises from these world class footballers. Words are cheap and easy so it is still Robinho's and Essien's display on the field that counts the value of their transfer fees.

Michael Owen? Will he return to Liverpool on loan or will he go to Newcastle United. Time is running short. I would love to have him in Madrid to give more firepower offensively but it is not fair to someone like him to sit on the bench forever. It is just not professional. To meet him in a Champions League match will be a disaster! Real better not make the same mistake they had with Morientes and not allowing Owen to face them in European matches.

With four new signings in Pablo GarcĂ­a, Carlos Diogo, Julio Baptista and Robinho, Real Madrid have more young faces in the squad this season. Though it is quite sad to see Figo, Samuel and definitely Solari, whom I enjoy watching, to leave altogether! In short, we are just replacing 3 players with 4. If Owen leaves, it will mean 4 exits and 4 entries, so no difference. Real Madrid is still very short of players compare to Chelsea, Milan, Juventus and Barcelona. They have alot more players with their benches fully loaded.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home