Wednesday, October 26, 2005

CEYLON TEA FROM SRI LANKA

Ok, I'm not that fussy when it comes to drinking tea or coffee. I am not a hardcore drinker for both of them so that means it doesn't matter how they are prepared. As long as they taste fine, I don't give a shit.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

However, my friend visited Sri Lanka and brought back a box of tea leaves for me. It looks like a cosmetic packaging when I first saw it. I heard he went to this highland to purchase it. He even tried the tea there.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

He told me the estate was first started by the British.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

There are some Russian words printed at the bottom of the box. This suggests that they export this tea to Russian market consumption as well.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I finally opened the box and to my surprise, the leaves are very fine. I thought it will be as big as the leaves we normally have in our Chinese tea. I have to tell you they smell magnificent!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The fragrant and aroma is really nice. I just put half a spoonful into the cup and give it some hot water. After 5 minutes, I drank it with total satisfaction. Now, I begin to understand why there are hardcore tea drinkers out there. This one is really good. It is nice by itself without sugar or milk.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Perfect ceylon tea from Sri Lanka. I really have to thank my friend for giving me such a nice box of tea leaves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home