Monday, December 12, 2005

FOOTBALL: WEEKEND MIRACLES

This weekend results has been very shocking to me. Just look at my comments regarding the Newcastle United Vs. Arsenal match as well as the Inter Milan Vs. AC Milan match. Both Newcastle United and Inter Milan are expected to lose base on their tendency to always underperform when playing big guns. They both won!

Milan may be a club with as much problem as Real Madrid this season. I was surprised Ancelotti is still around. Probably Milan fans are more forgiving and patient compare to Real fans. I will think Inter will be so happy to win this derby as they hardly ever shine against their nearest rival all the time. Inter have always lived in the shadow of AC Milan. As for Arsenal, I honestly think they won’t go far this season as there is no indications right now to suggest that they are a threat to the European and EPL crown. They may still be able to win the League and FA Cup. Still, it is only half season done and anything can happen. We’ll just have to see as the season progresses. I am not happy with Wenger's remarks that Arsenal lost because of the leniency shown against Alan Shearer. They have not been scoring goals lately and that to me is the reason why Arsenal are not winning.

Still, one shocking weekend victory won’t change the season much for both Newcastle United and Inter Milan. It could however provide the morale boosting confidence to push them to fight for more victories from now onwards. Still, history has always been cruel to both of them and they have always falter and fall from grace, perform below expectations and always disappoint their fans. All those players they purchase season after season have always been fruitless. For Newcastle United, last season is probably the one to forget with so many players creating problem to the club. I still wonder today whether it is Souness who is hard to deal with.

It is near Christmas already folks and it’s almost half a season gone. World Cup 2006 is approaching so that should be a good excuse to finish the season with a big smile. Real Madrid start life without Wanderley as well as a new formation. I cannot judge much with just one game so time will tell. They are to me a very inconsistent team so I really have no idea how to rate them for the season ahead. Their performance are always so unpredictable.

Ronaldinho is again the center of attention again when he brought Barcelona to victory. He is really what I would call a consistent player which Real Madrid really needs and not Roy Keane! Why Roy Keane of all players on earth? Can he sell jerseys so well that Perez is willing to buy him? I have no idea what Roy Keane can contribute to Real Madrid!!! Real is seriously looking more and more like a club that collects retirees. Sigh! God bless Real Madrid!

Back to Ronaldinho. This guy is surely a legend in the making and expect him to shine beyond anybody for this coming World Cup. I won’t expect someone like Wayne Rooney to outshine him because all those hype and exaggeration regarding him has always to been to me a fantasy. I never thought Wayne Rooney plays any football close to what I will call a prodigy. I have never seen anything mouth watering performed by him that will leave my mouth wide open. His performance has never awe me in any other way.

I would rather put my money on Leo Messi to bring as much excitement as Ronaldinho to the World Cup 2006 and perhaps even Robinho if he ever live up to his billing. Those two show signs of how a prodigy is going to be with their moments of genius. That’s why I was laughing when I read about comparisons of Rooney with Maradona or Best. Please, what is it that Wayne Rooney did that ever make you stand up in admiration and even applause? I can only remember a very bad-tempered guy who always gets into trouble and who tries to dive to win penalties. The second player who still needs a lot of diving practises is Cristino Ronaldo whose dives are so fake even the referees think so! Haha! For that matter, I have no sympathy with Manchester United’s decline. They have many dirty players I don’t like and the top cheater of them all is van Nistelrooy. Yes, I agree with Vieira whole-heartedly!

Like I had always mentioned in the past, any player who is around 1 metre radius near him is bound to be kicked, pulled, knocked over and hit very naturally that the referee really has to open his eyes to see it. He can really trick very well and so they really need to stand at the correct angle to spot that cheeky hand or leg or body movement that will hurt an opposition player when he is trying to win a ball or is on the ball. Those replays are good proofs of how he can hurt opposition players when they are too near to him. He will make it look as natural as possible and look very clueless about it to stay innocent. Now, that is good quality acting which Cristino Ronaldo needs to learn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home