Tuesday, November 22, 2005

FOOTBALL: CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FOOTBALL

My assignment is 99.5% done so I can spend some time to blog something. Hmmm, I am down with sore throat and cough probably as a result of working overtime for the past week. Tiring period. Exam coming this weekend so once I hand up my assignment tomorrow, I will really need to squeeze all the juice out of the book, or better still eat the whole thing down Doraemon style. Hehe!

I checked the live matches we are going to have on tv and it is bloody Premier League clubs again! Manchester United and Liverpool. Do they seriously think the whole world consist of only Premier League fans? I don't know what is wrong with the sponsors this season. It was not like that in the past, they will always show us the best clashes of the day. Nowadays, it is always the Premier League clubs. Can't they show us any matches involving Juventus, Milan, Bayern Munich, Real Madrid or Barcelona for a change? Are those clubs playing such bad football that they are not featured as often?

Oklah, enough complaints. Raul had a very bad injury. He is never the Raul in the past anymore. I don't know what is wrong with his form, as if it will never come back again. His injury I think won't impact the team so much since it is not that he is scoring so many goals like he used to do. What happens to the Raul in the past? Will he never return? Just like the old Ronaldo and Zidane as well? Real Madrid starts to look like a club for retirees. Sigh!

It is scarily so, just look at Zidane. I totally agree he is the only legend in this era and I really am glad to watch him play so brilliantly on tv but his prime had past him because of his age. Right now, I see him playing football as a semi-retired pro. The day Real Madrid can go back to her glory days is the day Perez is being fired. The whole economical system where players' starting lineup depends on the ability for them to sell by being on the pitch is killing the team drastically.

Until today, I am still cursing Perez and I will never end it. It is because of his stupid policy that the club sold off Eto'o and got Beckham instead of Ronaldinho. We saw how well Ronaldinho played in the World Cup before he was going into transfer talks while he was in PSG. I wished like shit we get him, instead we got David Beckham. From that day onwards, Real Madrid never win a thing.

Beckham, to all respect, is a good right hand winger. He has super accurate crosses and passes as well as used to score alot from his free kicks until he has back pain now. However, Ronaldinho is a legend in the making and is probably the best player to reach that status after Zidane showed us in the past few years. Eto'o when he was on loan to Leganes and Real Mallorca, he played brilliantly and always get to score against Real Madrid when he played against them. That is still not convincing for Madrid to take him back and instead sold him to their most bitter rivals. Football logic? Economic logic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home