Sunday, June 19, 2005

BATMAN BEGINS

(*Warning: Spoilers!*)

My bro said it was good before I went to watch at Bugis Junction last night with friends. Thanks for the treat, friends! It was my first movie in Singapore cineplex since Fatt Choi Spirit in 2002, starring Andy Lau, Lau Ching Wan, Louis Koo, Gigi Leung and Cherrie Ying. Yeah, that was so long ago and you will be asking what the heck am I doing in that interval? Well, watching movies in Singapore is too damn expensive from the place where I am from where pirated vcds and dvds are so much cheaper alternatives. My mindset from such background cannot afford me to pay ridiculously S$8 for a movie. Even so, I watched alot of movies in Malaysia for RM5. That is still far more worth it!!!

This is a restart of Batman. This is like how Infernal Affairs try to go back to before the part I of the story. Same thing, this goes back to the before Joker story from the Batman movie in 1989 with Michael Keaton, Jack Nicholson and Kim Basinger. Somehow, when I think of that movie, it reminded me of Robocop for some reasons. Probably they are from the same era I suppose - the VHS (Video Home System by JVC) era, what is a vcd? Batman Begins was well directed and credits should go to the director. For me, Batman and Batman Returns are the two best movies of Batman, after that, it is purely crap and total darkness. The thing I hate about those sequals is that they spent 90% of the movie in the dark and you are trying very hard to see all those actions.

They always say Batman, unlike all other superheroes, is a rich dude. However, he is also the only superhero without a steady girlfriend or wife. Unlike other superheroes, he has a hideout/lair/cave with all his gadgets. The others are more mobile and just change anywhere convenient. I always have this question in my mind on where they put their normal human clothings when they go to do their superheroes job. Haha! Then, after that, they have to go back to the same location to retrieve their clothes. Hopefully, it is still there and nobody has taken them away! Haha!

Many said this is the best Batman movie ever, comparing to the first two. An American shared with me some of his opinions when we went out from the cineplex because he wanted to check the time with me. He said they already have ads in USA where they have the Joker who was played by another person. He said they have a little bit of licensing problem because Jack Nicholson holds the license of being the Joker. I am not clear about the whole thing but he just brought up the matter to me. I will love it if Jack Nicholson will be back to be the Joker again! That will be splendid! The American was also full of praise of this movie and thought it is the best as well. I argued that in 1989, there are many limited things you can do comparing with the technology of today and probably that's why the plots cannot go very far. I agreed that the plot for this story is the best but perhaps the advancement of technology now made them much possible. Hehe! Just my point of view.

This one is good because it still stick to the original comic story but the side plots that are added in were well done. Although a long movie, it does not bore me to death or sour out to be too draggy. The plot was well done, especially changing of scenes from his childhood to his life stepping into the corporate world. I love the scene where he uses his device to lure the bats in for back up. The frequency of that device like an ultrasonic bat call is a great idea of how he can bring them to the scene. The prototype bat car was a major ugly one! Well, probably the want to save the nice updated aerodynamic model for the next one. Hehe!

The jokes added in the conversations give the story its comedy side, which I think is good and does not overkill the story too much as they are not excessively used. As you know, this is a superhero movie, too much comedy will make it look cheap! Michael Caine shone well in this department! Hehe! I love his plot! He can still make all those sarcastic remarks in the most difficult times and made it into a ligh hearted scene. It sure is good to have someone like him as a companion/friend. The ending with a Joker poker card gave a good finish touch leading to the next one! We shall anticipate for a good sequal!

By the way, what is James Bond without the classic James Bond theme music? Same thing with Batman, what is Batman without the famous Batman theme music? Why are they not using it? Copyright issues? Cannot be! Batman is different from any other superheroes because Batman has a great theme music that is easily identifiable! It is good and it will not be the same without it!

Also, why is Tom Cruise going to marry Katie Holmes? She is ugly to me compare to Nicole Kidman. Putting her into the movie is really of no use but I suppose you need a lead actress, if not, the movie will turn really gay! Hehe! Just to satisfy us guys who want some decent looking ladies on the set. Face it, a movie without a chick? No way man!

Before I went to this movie, I thought I will be watching a whole story with clueless cast until I saw Michael Caine, Gary Oldman and Morgan Freeman. All these veterans are what I think help hold the movie up in strength. It is not my style to watch a movie with a collection of unknown cast, especially with lead actors or actressses unknown to me. I definitely will recommend anyone to go watch this movie. Mommy and daddy, there is only 1 kiss scene! Maybe they even censor it in Malaysia! Hehe!

I will definitely try to watch War of the Worlds, Mr. & Mrs. Smith, Sin City, The Fantastic Four and more when I get back to Sibu, Sarawak hopefully next week! However, I don't like Angelina Jolie because she is the ugliest person to find to be Tomb Raider, her acting skills suck, she desperately dares to show off her ugly body (especially her boobs which reach her waist!!! YUCK!) in every movie when Halle Barry makes hers look totally amateurish and her mega thick lips turn me off! I will watch for the sake of Brad Pitt for some of the good movies he acted in. The preview of the War of the Worlds give me an impression that it will suck bigtime too! I will give Tom Cruise some face to watch it! Also not to forget Dakota Fanning who acted superbly in Man On Fire with Denzel Washington. I am her big fan! Way to go girl!

Maybe even Initial D if my girlfriend forces me to watch with her. She is an Initial D fan who try all those techniques on her Toyota manual car as well! Talking about crazy race fanatics! She watches every single episode and movie of Initial D. The cast of Initial D again turns me off. All those actors are only idols of their fans who acts like shit to me. All rubbish actors whom past movies bore me to death! I am still very puzzled why it is not made by the Japanese. I'm sure it will be a much greater movie if it is done by the Japanese. I am a worshipper of Japanese animes and dramas, remember? Hehe!

I was in IMM at Jurong East when I saw them promote the movie on the two plasma tvs surrounding that real Toyota Treuno AE 86 car! The preview showed the behind the scenes and I think it was made really close to what the anime looks like. Especially the Initial D trademark cornering and overtaking! That is the essence of Initial D! I think it will be good but again, the actors turn me off. The 18 years old Japanese babe, Anne Suzuki, may be my only reason to catch it! She looks damn hot to me! Drool..........................!!! She is the voice behind Ray Steam in that Steamboy anime movie.

When I saw that car, I had these images of my girlfriend sitting in there and racing down the road as I sit beside her, constantly checking that cup of water for her! Hehe! I'm sure she will love me 100 times more if I can buy her that car in the future if it ever get manufactured to the market. Well, it is a damn ugly design but the anime just make it into a classic! I always wonder why the rivals have far move sexy and fiercer looking sports cars with great paint coats. I'm sure she will love it more than me if I have the chance to buy for her! Haha! Imagine your girlfriend polishing the car everyday and ignores you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home