Friday, August 17, 2007

ITALIANNIES FOR LUNCH

We were at Johr Bahru's Jusco Tebrau City to have late lunch as well as to catch Rush Hour 3. We went to have some Italian food at Italiannies. I heard the spaghettis there are quite good. I almost tried it when I was in One Utama last time. I think they have another one at The Curve. Anyway, I went there with experience eating one of the best in Singapore at Spageddies. I always wanted to try Michelangelo as many reported that it's the best place to dine Italian in Singapore but the pricing is too much for just casual testing. Someday perhaps.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

OK, back to Italiannies. When we arrived, there is not a single soul in the huge restaurant. Ok, this is the Chinese's 7th Month so I won't talk rubbish here! When we sat down, they served us with some slices of bread. It tasted nice so it was a good first impression. We looked at the menu and the pricing is quite steep! No wonder the place is so empty! Even if we convert to Singapore Dollars, some of the dishes are overpriced. I can get a better price in Singapore in a more reputable restaurant! We ordered a plate of carbonara pasta and a pepperoni pizza.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The place is very well decorated so it does have the ambience and the sufficient and appropriate lighting for dining comfortably. Since there is not a single soul (I hope), it feels like you book the whole restaurant down just to dine. Sounds romantic like in the movies.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

We were so hungry since we didn't have breakfast and it is almost 4pm that we finished off the bread. They offered to refill them which is good. OK, since the place is empty, we are given top class service with a top secret agent bodyguard style kind of service monitoring our table full time! I don't really like that since I prefer to be left alone, not being watched full time! There is even a copy of The Sun on the table for me to read.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The drink arrived and I love this strawberry drink and not the other, which is lime. It is extremely too sour for me to handle.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The carbonara pasta came and they gave us quite a generous serving of cheese. Well, it is great. Overall, I find it to be rather sweet but I still like it! The meat is just great! The noodle is just nice so it is not over or under cooked. The ingredients are just mixed well to correct proportions to give an overall good dish! Most of the time, the lousy pasta you eat is an overdose of wrong proportions, leaving you feeling sick and unable to finish it. For this, we could have ask for more. No, it is not the hunger. Remember we refill the bread!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The pizza arrived last and it is HUGE! I am glad I did not order anything else! If I had, we will not be able to finish them! We surrendered with two more slices left after loading ourselves up! It is baked to perfection! The crunchy areas are crunchy, the soft areas are soft, it is very well done! Again, lotsa cheese given and the meat is great, just like in the pasta.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Overall, Italiannies serves good Italian food by trying 3 items above. I am not sure with the rest of the dishes in the menu. If based on these 3 items, I have a good impression of it. The pricing is a bit crazy, very close to high end restaurant range.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

We went to watch Rush Hour 3 later on. It was generally a good movie. The censorships are again spoiling the movie for me! Well, it is expected in Malaysia anyway. Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker are again giving us enough actions to laugh. It is good to release stress after a whole day of tiring work. It is a recommended movie to watch from me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home