Saturday, August 27, 2005

FOOTBALL: ROBINHO IS NOW A 'REAL' DREAM!

No. 10 is his jersey number given- Figo's number. Will he ever be as great as Pele? All of us are excited to find out! What I ask for is more of the beautiful game of football to be displayed! Robinho is defined as the next person who is able to perform it to perfection after Zidane. Will he be the next generation of a football great and legend? I am as eager as anybody to know the answer. Still, you have Ronaldinho and Messi who are the possibilities as well!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I went to Real Madrid's official website to see the presentation of him in the stadium for the first time. His tricks on the ball are beautiful. I hope he will be as great as possible in the years to come. Although Real have 4 Brazilians in their squad, let us not forget Barcelona have 6 Brazilian-born players!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

'Brazilian football is spectacular and entertaining and a lot of its players have succeeded here and I want to do the same. There are a lot of similarities between Spanish and Brazilian football and I hope to adapt rapidly,' Robinho said.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

'I hope to use a few of my trademark 'pedaladas' (step-overs) against my opponents while I'm here,' he added with a smile. 'But above all I want to help make Real Madrid a champion team and win a lot of trophies.'

'Ronaldinho is a good friend and he's considered the best player in the world. But he has his style and I have mine and I hope I'll make my own mark when I'm here.'

Now, let me get my hands on that jersey! Robinho, now turn on the samba dance in Madrid and let's have a great season ahead with lots of goals and beautiful football!

Luque goes to Newcastle finally and we are still waiting for the final outcome of Michael Owen's transfer saga. Will he move or not? Newcastle are desperate, so is Owen. The poor results that Newcastle are having is putting alot of pressure to Souness to leave.

However, the Liverpool fans/players/club may give him alot of pressure for such a transfer to a rival club. He must been having a hard time thinking through. Hopefully, all will be resolved as soon as possible. I wish him the best, no matter what decisions he makes. He is a great forward with the statistics to prove it. He should have more playing time with the World Cup coming next year!

Some matches to look forward to this weekend:
Tottenham Hotspurs Vs. Chelsea
Valencia Vs. Real Betis
Newcastle United Vs. Manchester United

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home